The previous general released version is v3.6.1. This release, v3.6.2, includes functionality enhancements and corrections to defects discovered or reported in v3.6.1.
The update/installation procedures are documented in the QuickStart Guide. The following is the description of added new functionality, enhancements to existing functionality, and defect corrections.
Upgrade to this release is recommended for all Mimic users.
Several new modeling block additions have been made to the Standard Block Library. These blocks are as follows:
|Analog Valve||The Analog Valve Block simulates an analog valve which moves towards Setpoint in steps given by a deadband. Once the valve is within the deadband from being completely open or closed, it instantly completes movement.|
|Generic VFD||The Generic Variable Frequency Drive represents a drive with a particular speed as a Setpoint.|
|Message Array||The Message Array block allows an integer to be passed into the block and a user defined string will be available on the outlet of the block.|
|Motor Operated Valve||The Motor Operated Valve (MOV) represents a valve that has an input for closing and opening. The valve will remain in its current position if both the opening and closing input have the same value, and will travel towards open if only the open input is true (or towards closed if only the close input is true).|
|Standing for Momentary Latched Motor Operated Valve, the Momentary Latched MOV represents a valve that must open to completion or close to completion. For example, when the input becomes true, the valve will open completely to 100%.|
|Rotary Axis||The rotary axis represents an object rotating about a fixed point. Rotation parameter ranging from 0 to 100% corresponds to 0 to 360 degrees.|
|Shift Register||This model represents a shift register as a First In, First Out queue.|
|Simple Axis||The simple axis represents a bidirectional axis (such as a piston) with an “extend” motion and a “retract” motion. Each of these motions has a time associated with their completion.|
|Velocity Position||In this block, speed (as a negative or positive value) is taken as the input. The position then advances from 0 to MaxTravelLimit.|
|Select||This block has up to 16 signal inputs, and a USE input value which selects one of the signal inputs for the block to propagate forward.|
|Analyzer||This block simulates the update of data from an at-line or off-line analyzer. The block simulates a waiting period associated with a sample being taken (with an associated sensitivity to trigger the sample) and subsequently analyzed (with an associated resolution for the sample).|
|Backlash/Stiction||The Backlash Stiction block simulates the response of an actuator in the field (such as a valve) to a particular stroke. The BLSTICT block limits the signal to a Hi and Lo value and determines the position based upon the current signal.|
|ePID||An updated “Enhanced” PID control block giving more flexibility, tuning and control options than the previous PID block available in Mimic.|
|Lambda Tuner||This block computes PID tuning settings using Lambda self-regulating rules for self-regulating process with time constant to dead time ratios less than 4 and using lambda integrating tuning rules for all other processes (near-integrating, true integrating, and runaway processes).|
|Ratio Control||This block provides ratio control whose ratio Setpoint and output can be corrected by a primary PID controller for disturbances and unknowns or set by the operator when ratio control is in the right mode (auto to set Setpoint and manual to set the output).|
|Rough N Ready Tuner||This block performs a series of step tests on a PID block in ROUT mode to determine the ultimate period and gain. This block provides a set of rough tuning settings in the region for more exact values.|
|Sampler||This block provides periodic and exception reporting of data typically from a wireless measurement.|
|Slew Rate||The Slew Rate block monitors an input and constrains its velocity both increasing and decreasing.|
|pH Probe||This block simulates a pH value from a stream input (such as the output from either a source block or a stream reference block). This pH value can either be computed based upon the components currently in the stream (without accounting for buffering) or it can be computed based upon an aqueous definition that fully specifies the information necessary to include buffering within the calculation.|
|Stream Reference||The stream reference block links to an advanced stream (such as one that would exit an advanced modeling object) or an internal stream (the stream that represents the material currently within a holdup object--such as a vessel). Stream references are used to collect information from advanced models and neither alter advanced models nor participate in the flow network.|
Identical with previous versions, this version of the external modeling tool is also implemented via a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). However this version is integrated tightly with the simulation engine execution cycle. In MEMI 2.0, external models are synchronized with internal model execution. There are specific prototyped functions that must be present in the DLL so that the simulation engine can execute your modeling functions as part of the external model. To add these functions, an external model definition must be configured under a specific modeling node in the Mimic Explorer. Sample DLL models can be found in the installation directory.
|Distillation Column & Stripper|
|Objects now have an optional simplified weir definition mechanism. As in previous versions, users can continue to define the tray and detailed weir parameters or simply specify the tray holdup and accumulation time without weir details.|
In addition to specifying activities, K values can be directly specified for certain components in the set. The value of K used in calculations is a function of temperature in accordance with the equation: Ki = Ki0 + Kia * T
|Bioreactor Object||Added parameters to see Sparge rate after mass transfer and the waste gas bubble concentration.|
|DTB Block||DTB Blocks now have new attributes allowing the state of the DTB to be read as a string via OPC. The string corresponds to the state name as configured in the DTB Template.|
|Timer Block||Timer block now has an elapsed time as well as a remaining time attribute to give more information to users.|
|Calc Block||New functions have been added to the Calculation expression. VAL_TO_BYTE and BYTES_TO_VAL. These functions will manipulate a floating point number to split into bytes or form bytes into a floating point number.|
|Advanced Modeling Objects||New reference parameters have been added to Advanced Modeling Objects to represent the overall vapor and liquid holdups.|
|Model Editing||New wiring method added to create multiple wires at once. This new method will automatically wire nodes starting from the first output node clicked while pressing the Control key and the first input block down to the last output and corresponding input.|
1. Changed CML image internal storage format to PNG to save file space for the Image Library. As before, other image types can still be imported.
2. Image Library now shows greater details about each image including the objects that use the image.
3. Addition of new faceplate for PID and ePID blocks when control details are displayed.
4. Enhancements added to vertical and horizontal sliders to prevent data updates while the slider is being moved by user.
Improved Foundation FieldbusTM data update scan/poll time to prevent potential NoCommLUV bad status on I/O values. Scan/poll in previous versions was executed on a 1 second basis, causing intermittent I/O value bad status in Control Modules executing at 500ms. The new scan/poll time defaults to 100ms execution.
Property DB Editor:
When cloning properties all data is now copied and custom properties may now also be cloned.
1. Detailed session information is available for multi-seat licenses.
2. Mimic applications do not count against the OPC item limit.
3. Network licensing now includes more protections to prevent bad data from being entered.
1. Correction to Foundation FieldbusTM single device copy/paste mechanism. Previous versions did not allow this.
2. Update to RSLogixTM Emulate 5000 snapshot definition and files to coordinate with new interface.
3. Update to ABBTM Snapshots to move the previously defined registry setting into the IO Definition.
4. Consolidated naming convention for Views and Nodes.
5. Corrected Freeze and subsequent Snapshot/Restore commands for 64 bit version running on Windows 8.1/Server 2012 or later.
1. Correction so that Description text containing single quote characters can be saved in the database.
2. Correction to prevent Mill object crash when re-saving if a size distribution was never entered the first time it was created.
3. Correction to Material Property block to prevent crashing after applying specified parameters for display.
1. Correction where some combinations of read-only and/or access control restrictions would cause the OPC manager to run twice on the same object resulting in (among other things) loss of the units field on controls.
2. Corrected browsing for OTM or PID blocks on the 64 bit version in Windows 8.1/Server 2012 or later which caused application crash.
1. Correction to fix a continuously running memory leak if the expression in the block is in error.
1. Correction to Agitator conditional section and O2 Mass Transfer Calculation. Due to unit conversion for O2, the Power Factor applied to the gassed power will likely need to be reduced. Corrected the number of pressure drops available for proper execution.
2. Correction to material mixing to prevent incorrect phase handling.
3. Corrected Sparge External KLA handling. Engine was not taking into account the need to divide by the Henry coefficient
4. Added checking to ensure O2 saturation limits do not create mass with an empty reactor.
1. Correction to object behavior within the Pressure Flow Network solver.
2. Correction to always assert maximum impeller speed.
1. Correction so that Filter time is properly saved on download and snapshot.
2. Correction to material flowing into a full vessel where density changes could allow flow into an already full unit.
Air Cooled Heat Exchanger
1. Correction to the in/out air flow units to match user selected units.
1. Correction to liquids handling to prevent premature overfill and spillage.
2. Max. Size was incorrectly used as cone diameters instead of radii, this would manifest itself by rejecting material at half the proper limit.
3. Prevent divide by zero when computing Crusher capacity.
1. Corrected read out of composition data by other objects via OPC or as block references.
2. Added support for Speedup/Slowdown.
3. Prevent Override_Enable on inlet streams from propagating into the internals of Bin and cleanup snapshots taken with this condition.
1. Corrected issue where Valve with numeric tag would always fail to the Open state.
1. Prevent divide by zero when retrieving the SOLIDS_BURNT parameter.
1. Update to AI/AO/DI/DO/PCI/LTB/DTB/COND/IParam/OParam blocks – a change to the SIOTag mapping would not necessarily update the target to point to the correct location.
2. Update for solids AMOs to correct a possible issue where missing inlet streams prevented AMO execution.
3. Ensure non-zero solid density when calculating slurry viscosity.
Custom Units Utility:
1. Update for Misc. Units to convert them from factor of zero. User can manually correct as well.
1. The Foundation FieldbusTM Analog Output (FFAO) now fully implements the SP_RATE_DN and SP_RATE_UP attributes.
2. Re-introduction of FFMAI block type thought to be deprecated in favor of FFMAI_RMT.
3. Corrected bridge termination in 64bit version running on Windows 8/Server 2012 or later.
RSLogixTM Emulate 5000 Bridge:
1. Corrected snapshots attempting to connect to the wrong machine. Previously, the OPC machine was incorrectly used instead of the Tag Service machine.
1. Updated the description field when modifying a unit to give more clarity to the use of offset and conversion factor.
Bulk Generation Utility:
1. Updates to sanitize node, model, area, and block names to prevent bad data.
2. IO Definition creator now handles extra comma delimiters for SIOTag entries provided the fields delimited are blank.
Property DB Editor:
1. Boiling point of Ammonium Hydroxide updated to 76.46°F
For any questions about these release notes, please contact us at:
390 South Woods Mill Road, Suite 100
Chesterfield, MO 63017
MYNAH Technologies LLC
390 South Woods Mill Road, Suite 100
Chesterfield, MO 63017 USA
© MYNAH Technologies 2012 - 2019. All rights reserved.
Designs are marks of MYNAH Technologies, Emerson Process Management, DeltaV, and the DeltaV design are marks of one of the Emerson Process Management of companies. All other marks are property of their respective owners. The contents of this publication are presented for informational purposes only, and while every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, they are not to be construed as warrantees or guarantees, expressed or implied, regarding the products or services described herein or their use or applicability. All sales are governed by our terms and conditions, which are available on request. We reserve the right to modify or improve the design or specification of such products at any time without notice.
While this information is presented in good faith and believed to be accurate, Mynah Technologies does not guarantee satisfactory results from reliance upon such information. Nothing contained herein is to be construed as a warranty or guarantee, express or implied, regarding the performance, merchantability, fitness or any other matter with respect to the products, nor as a recommendation to use any product or process in conflict with any patent. Mynah Technologies reserves the right, without notice, to alter or improve the designs or specifications of the products described herein.